Rhodes American 5Lb Grade 3 Steel Wool Reel (6Pk)
- Stainless steel wool is made from Alloy type AISI 434 stainless steel.
- A web of metal wool approximately 1/4" thick by 4" wide is wound onto a 2-3/8" ID fiber core to an outside diameter of about 8-12" and weighing exactly 5 pounds net. All products are about 125 feet of web per 5-pound reel.
- Stainless steel wool products withstand temperatures in excess of 700°C, exhaust acids and high vibration.
- Furnace tests show that stainless steel wool will withstand sustained temperatures of 700°C and peak temperatures of 800° C for up to 10 minutes without damage or degradation.
- CHEMISTRY : C (Carbon) 0.12% max. ; Si (Silicon) 1.0% max. ; Mn (Manganese) 1.0% max. ; S (Sulfur) 0.03% max. ;P (Phosphorous) 0.04% max. ; Cr (Chromium) 16.0 - 18.0% max. ; Mo (Molybdenum) 1.25% max.; Fe (Iron) remainder
- Common Reels: The simplest form of stainless steel wool is a continuous roving, 4 inches wide on reels. This product meets all of the physical demands for exhaust applications, but is presented in a basic form requiring the muffler manufacturer to do all of the processing and assembly.
Use Coarse #3 Steel Wool to remove paint, varnish, lacquer, shellac, rust and dirt. Clean rough metal or stove surfaces. Clean engines and heave machinery. Strip paint and other coatings from exterior woodwork. Tuck into holes, cracks and openings to control rodents, birds and other pests.